A System for Environmental Separation
Cookson Standard Insulated Service Doors are filled with solid insulation of the highest quality, resulting in a flame spread not greater than 25 and smoke generation less than 50. A flexible, solid foam astragal fits into the guides at the bottom of the door to assure a complete seal across the opening. Seepage of air around the hood is minimized by a waterproof hood baffle that resists tearing and cracking and maintains flexibility in winter. The Cookson insulation system also includes snap-on guide weatherstripping made of heavy duty vinyl extrusions designed to reduce air infiltration and dust at various temperatures.
Along with preventing energy loss, Cookson Standard Insulated Service Doors offer aesthetic appeal with a finished appearance inside and out. Our exclusive interlocking slat design allows for many combinations of gauges. While a 22 gauge exterior slat with a 22 gauge interior slat is standard, 20 gauge and 18 gauge exterior slats are also available.
- Heavy duty vinyl extrusions snap into the guides to reduce air and dust infiltration and to weatherstrip the door jambs
- Air seepage around the hood is minimized by a water resistant hood baffle that maintains flexibility in cold temperatures
- Exclusive interlocking slats provide energy efficiency and a finished appearance inside and out
- Solid insulation is inserted between galvanized steel slats to ensure consistent density and complete insulating coverage
- The bottom of the door is sealed by a flexible, solid foam astragal