Roll-Up Coiling Fire Doors: A Game-Changer for Businesses
Roll-Up Coiling Fire Doors are an essential safety feature for businesses:. These doors are not just a barrier, but a lifesaver in the event of a fire.
Roll-Up Coiling Fire Doors are engineered to save lives and protect property by compartmentalizing building areas and isolating the incident. They are constructed of structural steel or stainless steel and are available in various gauges.
Important Reasons For Having A Fire Door Installed
1. **Fire Protection**: These doors meet rigorous fire safety codes and can even react to a fire alarm to stop smoke and flames from spreading. They’re crucial to prevent blazes from spreading.
2. **Automatic Activation**: Provided with fusible links that automatically release to close the door at 165°F, the door’s descent can also be triggered by smoke and heat detectors, a building’s alarm system, or solid-state release devices.
3. **Security and Access Control**: In addition to preventing the migration of fire, they also provide security and access control in wall openings that are not a required means of egress.
4. **Compliance with Safety Standards**: These coiling overhead doors are 3-Hour Factory Mutual and 4-Hour Underwriters Laboratory fire rated and UL, C-UL, and CSFM labeled.
Benefits For Businesses
5. **Safety**: In the event of a fire, these doors can save lives and protect property by isolating the incident.
6. **Security**: They provide security and access control in wall openings.
7. **Compliance**: They meet rigorous fire safety codes and are NFPA and UL compliant.
8. **Reliability**: They offer simple, reliable, fail-safe activation that seals the openings at the first hint of a fire.
Many insurance companies are requiring their customers to add more fire doors to their buildings. The fire door manufacturers recommend annual “drop testing” to make sure that the fire doors are working properly; Shank Door can provide this service. Investing in Roll-Up Coiling Fire Doors is not just about complying with safety regulations; it’s about prioritizing the safety of your employees and protecting your property. At Shank Door we handle the best quality brands including Cornell-Cookson, Clopay, Overhead-Wayne Dalton and CHI Overhead Doors. For a free estimate in the Lebanon, Lancaster, York and Harrisburg areas, contact Shankdoor.com 717-274-5000